Depression Treatment in Pune – Dr. Niket Kasar a Psychiatrist, Depression Counsellor in Pune Signs, Causes & How to Deal With Depression. Get help now.
According to a study conducted by the World Health Organisation (WHO), chances of an individual developing an episode of depression during the lifetime is nine per cent (9%) in India.
According to WHO, depression is slated to become the second leading cause of death and disability across the world by 2020.
As per WHO, the average age of Depression in India is 31.9 years. However, the onset of the disease varies among different age- groups in India.
Depression can affect anyone, regardless of the person’s success, financial situation or relationships. But, it most often appears for the first time during the prime of a person’s life – from ages 24 to 44.
One in four women and one in ten men will experience depression at some point in their lives.
Depression can be childhood depression, adolescent depression or old age depression. No age is immune to depression.
Signs Of Depression
The most important aspect of dealing with depression is to spot it and consequently help the person overcome it. The signs of Depression include sad mood, constant lethargy, lack of interest, easy irritability, disturbed sleep and appetite, negative thoughts such as low self-confidence, ideas of worthlessness, helplessness, and hopelessness.
A person may be unable to hold tears most of the times. In severe Depression, he or she may get suicidal feelings.
Causes Of Depression
Depression can be caused primarily due to the following factors.
- Biochemistry – deficiencies/irregularities in a transport of two chemicals in the brain, serotonin, and norepinephrine, are thought to be responsible for certain symptoms of depression, including anxiety, irritability, and fatigue.
- Genetics – depression can run in families. For example, if one identical twin has depression, the other twin has a 70 per cent chance of also having the problem sometimes in life.
- Personality / Nature – people with low self-esteem, who are easily overwhelmed by stress, or who are generally pessimistic, appear to be vulnerable to depression. Finally,
- Environmental / Social factors – continuous exposure to violence, neglect, abuse, examination stress or poverty may make people who are already susceptible to depression all the more vulnerable to the illness. Depression Treatment in Pune
- Certain medical conditions like thyroid disorders, diabetes, ischaemic heart disease, pregnancy, postpartum period & cancer are also associated with depression. At times grief or loss of someone beloved can become a severe depression.
Dealing With Depression
Family and social support, early identification of symptoms and their time management, plenty of positive opportunities to grow and nurture one’s positive interests, timely and appropriate professional psychiatric help and needful medication with counselling support are very crucial for the well-being of a person suffering from depression.
Depression Treatment in Pune
Tilak Road O.P.D
|Mon-Thu & Sat-Sun||10:00 AM||01:30 PM|
|Mon-Sun||04:00 PM||07:00 PM|
|Wed-Fri||02:00 PM||04:00 PM|
KEM Hospital O.P.D
|Friday||09:00 AM||11:30 AM|